It is a privilege to be invited by my long-time friend Coach John, as an interviewee in his webinar series to support parents who teach their kids. Coach John is a highly effective Math coach and author who has helped many students to ace their Math papers in primary school.
In this hour-long interview, we talk about many things that are important for the mental well-being of both parents and children. I share from my own professional practice as a social worker, as well as my own experiences as a parent. Coach John, who is also a dad of three, enriches my sharing with his own parenting experiences. Some highlights:
- Parent-teacher collaboration for kids
- Helping children with emotional regulation
- Self-care tips for parents
- Inner work parents can do to reduce parent-child relationship barriers
- What makes a “good” parent